The fourth of July is definitely one of our favorite holidays around here. As a military spouse I absolutely love seeing people coming together (at least for one day) to celebrate this country.
When my friend, fellow military spouse and event designer extraordinaire , Shakira approached me about creating invitations and a little something extra for the Independence Day BBQ event – I was instantly in.
The Fourth of July Punny Invitation
If you are new here- you should know I love cheesy puns. I couldn’t resist working a red, white & blue pun into the invitation.
The specific event was for the kiddos – so we opted to feature “Red, White and ‘Que” on the invitation. If you are having a party for an older crowd with adult beverages we also have designed an alternative version that features “Red, White, and Brews”.
Click the photos below to take you to the listing or hop on over to the shop.
Food/Adult Beverages + America = The Perfect Invite
Fourth of July Backyard BBQ Event Inspiration
I can’t get over how wonderfully all of these details came together- Shakira has a gift for sourcing and Kristin Guynn took the photos that captured it perfectly! Plus how adorable are the littles enjoying themselves at the Broadfoot Bandy Home? See the full vendor list below.
Free Fourth of July Sparkler Holder Printable
We also created coordinating sparkler holders you can download FOR FREE in our resources library. These are a great way to jazz up your sparklers or thin glow sticks. Seriously how cute are these littles?
(full transparency: this asterisk * indicates an affiliate link. That means that If you click through my referral link, I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase- at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Olive Fox Design, LLC.)
- Olive Fox Design Fourth of July Sparkler Printable – Download from our Free Resources Portal
- Heavy white cardstock– You can pick this up in individual sheets at your local craft store, office supply store or buy a pack like this on Amazon*.
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Utility / Xacto knife
- 7″ Sparklers or thin glow sticks*
Fourth of July Sparkler Holder Instructions
- Download the printable from our free resources library.
- Print on 8.5″x11″ heavy white cardstock.
- Use a pair of scissors, a paper cutter, or xacto knife to cut out each of the individual holders
- .Using an utility / xacto knife make a 1/2 inch slit in the paper above the text and another below the text.
- Slide your sparklers or thin glowsticks in the opening.
- ENJOY! We love to see how our designs bring you joy. If you snap a picture and share on social media please tag us @olivefoxdesign and use the hashtag #olivefoxinthewild so we can check it out!
How are you celebrating Independence Day this year? I would love to hear all about your plans in the comments below!
Big thanks to all the vendors who made this event possible!
Event Design: Occasions by Shakira
Photography: Kristin Guynn
Party Decor + Paperware: Ellie and Piper Co
Event Location: Broadfoot Bandy House
Popcorn: Hot Sugar Pop
Invitations + Sparkler Holders: Olive Fox Design